Since softball season is in full swing (pun intended!), we will be celebrating Father’s Day with my father and husband a few days early this year. So, I asked my children this morning to make a craft and choose a homemade treat for their Dad and Nonno (Spoiler alert you two!).
Adrienne found these adorable Father’s Day Goodie Bags . Have you seen these online? They are so sweet! I’ve seen some ties made out of newspaper too. For these ties, Anthony printed colorful wallpapers and then cut out the tie shapes using his own template.
We’ll fill them with cellophane favor bags of my husband’s favorite dessert bar, the truly rich and decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, from Sweet Vegan: A Collection of All Vegan, some Gluten-Free, and a Few Raw Desserts, a cookbook by Emily Mainquist. This is my go-to cookbook for brownies, bars and cakes.
Here is a similar recipe from Go Dairy Free: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (this one calls for more Earth Balance butter substitute than the Sweet Vegan version)
Here are two more family-tested possibilities for the goodie bags:
- Vegan Magic Cookie Bars, from The Wanderlust Kitchen
- Vegan Sugar Cookies, sugar cookie cutouts from the The Veg Life
And a few more ideas for Dad:
- Homemade Father’s Day puzzle created on Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker
- Something unique from Uncommon Goods
- Free printable (and customizable) Father’s Day card like these from Greetings Island:
Are your kids getting crafty for Father’s Day? How do you like to celebrate the dads in your life?